Friday, December 31, 2010

Playing Catch-Up

It's almost the end of the year and I have been really bad about posting lately. We have had a wonderful holiday despite the cold and snowy weather. I have so many winter house projects planned: cleaning closets, pantry and office, as well as finishing projects started years ago. I have yet to start anything.... waiting for the busy holiday season to be over and what I call the BLAH!! months (January through March) to begin.

We have received a lot of snow lately. Brett LOVES it because it gives him the opportunity to snow blow the entire neighborhood. It's nice because the neighbors will bring over yummy treats!



Liv enjoyed watching Dad snow blow.


This is Ludo. He is an Italian Greyhound and belongs to my sister and brother-in-law, Melinda and Paul. We were so excited for them to visit all the way from Vancouver for Thanksgiving and can't wait until their little baby girl arrives in February. Yay for cousins!! We had a baby shower for them to celebrate.



Paul, Michelle (holding Liv), Melinda and Mallory


Liv LOVES this toy from Melinda and Paul. It is the Munchkin Mozart Magic Cube. She actually threw a little fit when her cousin wanted to play with it.



We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. Brett and I had a nice feast at our house this year. I was in charge of making dinner and Brett was in charge of taking pictures and watching Liv. The dinner was a success. Unfortunately, Brett forgot about his picture taking duties and we didn't get a shot of our guests. Oh well.



Brett took this picture right before I was pulling everything together for dinner. I think I said something like, "I don't have time to stop and smile.... AND STOP BUGGING ME!!!" Such a joyous time.


I usually have all of our holiday decorations up in mid-November.... Yes, I am one of "those people". But I think our new tradition will be to decorate the day after Thanksgiving.




 

0 comments: