Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Holidays - 2011

We have been busy, busy around here so here's my very belated Christmas post. We had a wonderful holiday shared with lots of loved ones! We enjoyed a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner with Brett's mom and step-dad, Grandma Judie and Grandpa Joel. They proved that the biggest dinner of the year can gluten-free and wonderfully tasty. We didn't miss the gluten one bit and came away with some great recipes!

After dinner, I made my first trip to the craziness that is Wal Mart Black Friday to save $200 on a birthday (yes, birthday) present for Liv. I have to say it was quite the experience... I felt excited and dirty all at the same time. Gross consumerism at it's worst. I can see why people do the Black Friday sales but I don't know that I will do it again. 

We also decorated the house for Christmas over the Thanksgiving holiday. Liv is quite the little helper. She loves the step stool. Although she has had a few spills from the top step, she spends at least an hour on the step stool daily, eating, drawing, watching shows, "helping" mom in the kitchen, etc.

 

Lori and her friend spent the week before Christmas with us. We had a great time spending time together.


Making a ginger bread house (Liv was a lot of help but ate most of the candy or spilled it on the floor)


Christmas Eve party





We were lucky enough to have a lot of family spend the night so Liv had a blast on Christmas morning with all of her favorite people








We hope you all had a wonderful holiday season!

0 comments: